Tuesday, August 28, 2007

I Have Plans For You

The other day Cammie asked me for my favorite verse and at first I was like, which one do I choose, but then Jeremiah 29:11 hit me. “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.” I really do love this verse and since then I have been thinking about it a lot.

Isn’t it reassuring to know that our future is laid out for us by our heavenly Father. It makes me just step back in awe and wonder. Especially when I look back at where Rick and I were a year ago or even two years ago. We have been blessed in so many ways and I can’t thank Him enough for everything. He gave us life. Starting with the life of my husband. I watched Rick fall from a roof and could easily have seen his life end. And because of that fall we came to know our Lord and were given a new life in him. And through obedience we have seen another life when our son Maxson was born. I would have never thought all these plans were in front of me at the time. God is so amazing.

Love Steph S

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks Steph...He really is Amazing isn't He?! You and Rick are a blessing to Jocie and I and the boys more than you think. I am glad He had other plans for you guys and am glad your in our lives.

Love you 3,

Nathan

Anonymous said...

It's amazing to think of how God is putting all the puzzle pieces into place. It's a bazillion piece puzzle and he already knows how it will all end up. How wonderful that we can trust Him and that His plans are that we'll be fully glorified with Him someday. God is good, all the time. Thank you Steph!

Love,
Cam

Anonymous said...

Yes, Steph. God is so incredible. I can always look back and see how He has made every chapter in my life a blessing; in spite of what I thought it seemed like in the middle. I am so glad that God's plans brought us to this place to worship and service Him together!
Love,
Jo

Becca said...

My vision of my life was [and probably still is] vastly different than God's plan. I regularly thank Him that His vision for my life was/is so much bigger and better than the one I planned for myself.